Brian Ronalds discusses his path from actor to producing short films and feature films to starting a PR firm and now to becoming an author. Along with his brother, Dean Ronalds, Brian has produced 5 feature and 15 short films over the past 10 years. These include Netherbeast, Incorporated with Darrell Hammond, Judd Nelson, and Robert Wagner; Dirty Little Trick with Dean Cain and Michael Madsen; and, recently, Going Bongo with Ernest Napoleon and Ashley Olds. The key take away from the interview is “If you start something, finish it.”If you start something, finish it – good, bad or indifferent. - Brian Ronalds @BrianRonalds… Click To Tweet
During the interview, Brian tells his story of perseverance along with his brother, Dean. Brian shares how networking and building strong connected relationships led to meeting a third partner, Kevin Berman, who became an Executive Producer willing to finance their films. This relationship allowed Brian to leave his corporate job and become a full time actor and film producer. He shares how a conversation with Robert Wagner led to a great, inspiring career twist working for Tyler Perry.
Brian also talks about his book, How Not to Be an A-Hole Husband and Lose Your Wife. He explains how he developed the idea for the book and some of his favorite tips for keeping your relationship alive. We wind down the interview with strategies on how actors can improve their personal brand as they build their career.
Enjoy this interview? Please subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and leave a 5 star rating and review! They really do matter, and I read every one of them.
Some Questions I Ask
- When did Brian know he wanted to work in the film business and ultimately for himself?
- Would he attribute his ability to network with people as part of his success?
- Was there success from the beginning, or what struggles needed to be overcome?
- Why did How Not to Be an A-Hole Husband and Lose Your Wife need to be written by him?
- Was the response from women a surprise?
- How do actors build a personal brand?
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- How the film with the lowest budget and shortest schedule ended up going to the most film festivals and opened the door to the next level of his career.
- How using the strength of relationship building led to starting his PR company which became a huge part of his film producing career.
- On building connections, “If we didn’t get out in front of people and visit – be kind and caring – we wouldn’t have the relationships we have today.”
- As an entrepreneur Brian learned early that, “successful people are willing to do what unsuccessful people aren’t willing to do.”
- How a conversation with Robert Wagner led to reigniting Brian’s desire to write.
- On the goal of the book, “If I could help save one marriage – Mission Complete.”
- Why most women love Day 7 in the book.
- On the key to success, “If you start something, finish it – good, bad or indifferent.”
- Brian shares the 5 biggest tips for actors to build their personal brand.
Links and Resources Mentioned In This Show
- How Not to Be an A-Hole Husband and Lose Your Wife by Brian Ronalds
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – Brian’s favorite nonprofit
- Brian Ronalds on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Brian’s IMDB page
Thanks for Listening!
Click to see all the books recommended by Standing O Show guests.
Click to see all the nonprofits or charities spotlighted by Standing O Show guests. A portion of all OvationSocial.com revenue will be donated to these organizations in 2016.
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you select below.