Dr. Sharon Livingston is the founder and president of The Livingston Group for Emotional Marketing. She is also President of the The International Coach Certification Alliance, an organization dedicated to professional coaching training. We discuss the qualities of a good coach, and how a coach can change your life. In addition to holding a Ph.D. in Psychology, Sharon is an NGH Hypnosis Trainer, and an NLP practitioner. More recently she was voted Outstanding Woman of the Year, by the New England Family Business Association in June of 2015. Sharon’s newest book is Get Lost, Girlfriend!
In this episode, Sharon shares the differences how working with a coach is different than working with a therapist. Coaching is about identifying strengths and moving people toward the goal. She also talks about the questions you should ask when looking for a coach. For anyone wanting to become a coach, Sharon shares how she’s able to teach people how to get known, make connections, and grow their practice. She also shares the power of hypnosis to allow people to choose what we want to tell ourselves.
As we wrap up the conversation, Sharon also shares the power of emotional marketing and why what you say should be different than what you show.
Enjoy this interview? Please subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and leave a 5 star rating and review! They really do matter, and I read every one of them.
Some Questions I Ask
- What is it that Sharon absolutely loves about what she does?
- Why is working with a life or business coach important?
- How does someone know if he or she needs a coach?
- What is Sharon’s newest book, Get Lost, Girlfriend! about?
- What questions does Sharon suggest someone ask when seeking a coach?
- How does Sharon help someone train and become a coach?
- How does Sharon use hypnosis to help someone’s mindset?
- What is emotional marketing?
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- On Sharon’s work: “I get people to tell me their stories and weave them into play.”
- How learning through stories is much better than merely learning through facts.
- Why a good coach is caring, intuitive, sensitive, and understanding.
- How a coach can change your life by taking a 30,000 ft. perspective, and help you recognize your own path.
- On the need for a coach: “People don’t wake up thinking, ‘I need a coach’. They wake up in the morning thinking, ‘I need to solve a problem.’
- “Therapy is about finding something broken. Coaching is about identifying strengths and moving people toward a goal.”
- How hypnosis uses positive psychology to replace negative subconscious messages with positive messages.
- How a product’s marketing can effectively use its feature, functional benefit, and its emotional end benefit.
Links and Resources Mentioned In This Show
- Get Lost, Girlfriend!: How I Found Myself When My Best Friend Dumped Me by Dr. Sharon Livingston
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Thinking, Fast and Slow – by Daniel Kahneman
- Shriners Hospitals for Children – Sharon’s favorite charity
- International Coach Certification Alliance (ICCA) – Sharon’s coaching and certification business
Thanks for Listening!
Click to see all the books recommended by Standing O Show guests.
Click to see all the nonprofits or charities spotlighted by Standing O Show guests. A portion of all OvationSocial.com revenue will be donated to these organizations in 2016.
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you select below.