Rick Martinez is an Army veteran, Registered Nurse, writer and successful entrepreneur. In addition, Rick is the Founder and CEO of the BizAcademyOnline.com. The mission of BizAcademyOnline.com is to build the next generation of 10x Entrepreneurs. The 10x Entrepreneur is the business leader who chooses to create the life of their dreams with 3 things: Purpose, Passion and Profit.
After several years in nursing, Rick’s entrepreneurial spirit kicked in and in 2001 he founded his first business: MedTrust, a staffing service that sent healthcare professionals to military hospitals nationwide. MedTrust would go on to become one of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Top 100 companies. His business success prompted San Antonio Business Journal to name Rick one of the city’s “40 Under 40”. He was later awarded the prestigious Jefferson Award for public service, further embodying his spirit for giving back.
In this episode, Rick shares how developing routines have contributed to successful results, how his superpower is the ability to hustle in order to achieve success, and some of the keys of a winner’s mindset. He also shares about how his time working with wounded military men and women as a trauma nurse at Walter Reed Hospital taught him that the human spirit is unconquerable.
Enjoy this interview? Please subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and leave a 5 star rating and review! They really do matter, and I read every one of them.
Some Questions I Ask
- How does Rick think that Purpose, Passion, and Profit contribute to business success?
- How did Rick come up with the idea for his first company, MedTrust?
- What are some habits that Rick has formed in order to be productive and successful?
- What has working with wounded military men and women teach Rick about the human spirit and the mindset to perservere?
- What are some of the keys to a winner’s mindset?
- How does Rick set goals?
- How has authenticity and vulnerability helped Rick connect with his clients?
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- On Rick’s Super Power: It’s Hustle!
- How herding sheep paid the bills right after Rick left the Army.
- How routines help prepare Rick for growth or the things in business that can blindside you.
- How getting past “I got this!” is an important step toward growth and success.
- The value of parents who instill the idea that whatever you put your mind to can be accomplished.
- How Rick’s first patient at Walter Reed Hospital brought him to his knees and taught him about the human spirit.
- How selecting visual images to start each day give him a mental edge.
- On competition: “The biggest battle is always between our ears.”
Links and Resources Mentioned In This Show
- The Hobbit by J.R. R. Tolkien
- Wounded Warrior Project – Rick’s favorite charity
- The Rick Martinez.com– Rick’s site
- Rick on Twitter
Thanks for Listening!
Click to see all the books recommended by Standing O Show guests.
Click to see all the nonprofits or charities spotlighted by Standing O Show guests. A portion of all OvationSocial.com revenue will be donated to these organizations in 2016.
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you select below.